For the health of our members, teachers, and the community at large, all in-person classes and events are cancelled until further notice due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The studio will reopen as soon as possible.
In the meantime, we are excited to now offer virtual classes so that you can continue taking your favorite classes with your favorite Orleans Yoga teachers from home during this unprecedented and challenging time. We are here for you, and aim to help keep us all connected.
Here's how to attend a virtual class:
1. Create a free Zoom account (which is how you will stream the live class). Then, install the Zoom software on your computer, tablet, or phone. We have found that a laptop computer works best for us, but other devices will work. We recommend that you set this account up in advance of your first class, and take a little time to get used to how it works. Also, you will need a strong wifi signal when streaming classes.
2. Class schedule will be posted just like regular in-studio classes, it will just say "Virtual Studio" next to the class. Register for Virtual Studio classes on Mindbody just as you normally do using your existing membership, class card, or purchase your class at check-out. Please note that if you do not cancel your reservation within 2 hour of the class start time you will be charged.
3. 30 minutes prior to class start time you will receive an email from Petra or Janelle with a link and the password allowing you to "join the meeting" and attend that class. You must sign-up for classes at least 30 minutes in advance so that we have time to send you the link. Registration will close 30 minutes prior to class start time.
*If you do not receive this email 30 minutes prior to class start time, please check your spam/junk folder, sometimes these emails end up there. If it is not there please email us to let us know so we have time to get you the information you need to sign-in and attend the virtual class.
4. Starting 15 minutes prior to class you will be able to login and select "Join a Meeting" to join your class via zoom.
5. Approximately one hour after the class you will recieve another email with the link to the recording of the class. The class will be available to you for 24 hours. This way you can finish the class if you have to leave for any reason, or if you want to take the class at a later time in the day you can at your convenience.
Virtual Studio Private Sessions
Orleans Yoga teachers are available for private yoga sessions via Zoom as well. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your prefered teacher and time, and we will proceed with scheduleing from there.
Tips for Zooming classes with ease:
No props? No problem!
Some household items that can stand in for props include: